Friday, July 18, 2008

Why I am not completely nutso


I woke up this morning to see Alan peeking in my doorway. As soon as he saw I was awake he came in with a big smile on his face and a bowl of cheerios for me. Breakfast in Bed! I vaguely remember him yesterday saying he was going to surprise me today. It probably would have been nicer except that I had some tests being done today that I had to be fasting for (shhh . . . don't tell Alan). So John ate the bowl of cereal while Alan wasn't looking.

But that's Alan. He is always doing thoughtful things for us. Frequently John and I will find construction paper hearts on our pillows. That's just the kind of kid that he is. And thank goodness he is or I would be completely nutso by now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved catching up on several vacation posts. Pictures are great of all of you. I'm also pleased that I usually sit a couple pews behind your darling family each Sunday. You're so fun to watch...but I am paying attention to the meeting...really I am. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, how sweet!